3.19.2012

the city of lights

It's hard to believe it's been one whole year since I took this picture. I wouldn't describe many things as magical, but I would definitely describe this sight as one of them. Breathtaking and dreamlike would be two other words I would describe it as. I wanted to see the Eiffel tower since I was about 14. I would sketch little pictures and pin photos of it around my room, never actually thinking I would actually get to see it. But when I did, I felt like I was walking in a dream. My breath caught, and my heart fluttered a little. Sounds silly. But it's honest.

If you ever get to see the Eiffel tower, I'd recommend seeing it at night. The day time view of it is quite amazing as well, but night is when it truly will catch you. If you get to see it at the top each hour til one a.m. you will see the Eiffel at its best--a flickering tower, which reminded me of thousands of flashbulbs echoing through the night's skyline. Here is the official site of the Eiffel tower (you might have to translate it into English):   http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/tout-savoir-sur-la-tour-eiffel/les-illuminations

1 comment:

  1. So true! I've been up to the top twice, night each time, and it really is beautiful. Going up at dusk is the best I think because you can stand and watch the lights of Paris slowly come on, twinkling like stars on the ground!

    ReplyDelete